Links to Previous Minutes
MINUTES OF MEETING OF HARDINGTON MANDEVILLE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 21st MARCH 2017 IN THE VILLAGE HALL

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions - Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status & any disability); Crime & Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.
Nancy Chapman, Parish Clerk

PRESENT

Robin Carpenter (Chairman), Andy Webb, Ernest Kong, Clare Middleton, Malcolm White, Bill Turner, Paul Vallis and Gina Seaton (District Councillor).

IN ATTENDANCE

Nancy Chapman (Parish Clerk) and 3 members of the public.

Before the meeting commenced there was an opportunity for the public to speak.

Peter Bysouth gave a report of behalf of the Village Hall Committee. The chasing-out of existing trunking and replastering has been completed. New basins and a water heater have been installed in the ladies' toilets. The new safety flooring has yet to be done. The VHC are considering getting a survey carried out to determine what other work needs to be carried out, but the cost of this needs to be weighed up against the benefits.

Paul Vallis has agreed to take over the role of Parish Council Village Hall representative from Bill Turner for the next year.

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
    Apologies were received from Cathy Bakewell (District Councillor) and Marcus Fysh (County Councillor).
  2. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 21st FEBRUARY 2017 (Already Circulated)
    The minutes for January were approved and signed by the Chairman as correct records of the meeting.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
    There were no declarations of interest.
  4. MATTERS OF REPORT ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES.
    1. The Chairman reported that the fibre broadband update was still in progress and is expected to be completed in the near future.
  5. COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS' REPORTS (BY INVITATION)
    Gina Seaton summarised her previously circulated report. The Chairman read highlights from Cathy Bakewell's previously circulated reports. Marcus Fysh's report had also been previously circulated.
  6. PLANNING AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    1. There were no planning applications received after publication of the agenda.
    2. Results of previous applications received:
      App no: 17/00271/FUL Replacement of existing flat roof at rear of the property with a pitched roof at Moor Cottage, Pig Hill, Hardington Mandeville. Applicant: Mr Andrew Webb. Application approved with conditions.
    3. The following result of a previous application was received after publication of the agenda:
      App no: 17/00115/FUL The erection of a dwelling house at land rear of Springfield, Hardington Moor. Applicant: Mrs D Creed Mbe. Application approved with conditions.
    4. There were no other planning issues.
  7. HIGHWAYS
    1. Neil's monthly report for March contained several new potholes. Bill Turner reported that he had had spoken to SCC Highways regarding the blocked drain on Primrose Hill and they had stated they could not do any further work there. Malcolm White raised concerns about a new potentially hazardous pothole on the road to White Post. Neil said that this had been reported to SCC and that this had been assessed as a "28 day" repair.
    2. Neil gave an update regarding the collapsing wall at the top of North Lane. The SCC structures team do not have the wall registered and so they will not repair it. SCC highways also state it is not their responsibility. It was agreed not to take further action at this time and address the problem again when it worsens.
    3. The possibility of creating a disabled parking bay in the lay-by behind the Church was discussed. Neil agreed to contact to SCC Highways to determine if they would consider re-surfacing this area in order to create a parking space.
    4. The invoice for repairing the Village Sign post at the corner of Moor Lane has been forwarded to the firm responsible for the damage, and is expected to be paid by their insurers.
    5. There were no other issues.
  8. PARISH PLAN
    1. The Chairman thanked all those who took part is the "Great British Spring Clean" litter pick event. Seven bags of rubbish and various other items were collected.
    2. There were no other issues.
  9. COMMUNITY FIELD
    1. The Chairman received several positive reviews of SSDC Streetscene team's Ground Maintenance service before making the decision to switch to them for the time-being. SLL were not prepared to offer a more competitive quote. The Streetscene team have already completed 2 cuts of the field and so far the work was quite satisfactory.
    2. A Councillor raised further concerns regarding dogs, but this time the issue related to the owners keeping them under control rather than clearing up after them. The Clerk agreed to forward details of recent correspondence from SSDC regarding Public Space Protection Orders and it was agreed to put this on the agenda for discussion at April's meeting.
  10. RISK MANAGEMENT
    1. There were no issues.
  11. FINANCE
    1. The Clerk's hours for February (22 hours) were approved.
    2. A resolution was passed to pay the following:
      • H & V Facilities -Village Hall Plumbing Work (£802 + VAT £160.40) £962.60
      • SSDC Ranger Scheme Quarter 4 (£382.50 + VAT £76.5) £459.00
      (As the Ranger had not yet attended the village for the invoiced date of 15th March (due to illness), it was agreed the cheque would not be posted until following confirmation of attendance on the rescheduled date of 28th March.)
  12. FOOTPATHS
    1. The Chairman reported that the Stile on Y10/18 Bishops Lane to Broadstone Lane had been repaired.
    2. The Chairman reported that following a query regarding dog slides, he had received additional clarification, that it is actually the landowners responsibility to maintain stiles on footpaths and therefore owners are liable if any injuries occur due to negligence. SCC are committed to re-imburse 25% of the cost of materials, but not labour expenses. In recent cases, SCC have supplied materials, such as pedestrian gates, to landowners at no cost. The Chairman stated this information would be reported in the next messenger.
  13. PARISH RANGER SCHEME
    1. The Ranger was unable to attend so far in March due to illness. Nick Allen has rescheduled his visit for 28th March. The current list of outstanding tasks is as follows:
      • Clearing of drain gullies along Penn Lane from top of High Street to Pendomer House.
      • Clear gullies along Wimborough Lane (opposite Sewerage works)
      • Clear gully on North Lane, 200 metres past the entrance to the Community Field on the left-hand side.
      • Clear over-hanging branches on the bridleway Y10/52 (Coker Hill Lane to Ridge Lane).
  14. CORRESPONDENCE
    1. MG Car Club Event will be passing through the village on Saturday 13th May between 9.20-10.30 am.
  15. MATTERS OF REPORT & ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
    1. Chairman: Nothing to report.
    2. Councillors: Nothing to report.
    3. Clerk: Nothing to report.
  16. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING & CLOSURE
    The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 19th April 2017 in the Village Hall and will begin following the Annual Assembly. The meeting closed at 8.28pm.
 

Links to Previous Minutes

2022
January February March April May June July
2021
January February March April May June July August September October
November
2020
January February March May June July August September October
November
2019
January February March April May June July August September October
November
2018
January February March April May June July August September October November
2017
January February March April May June July August September October November
2016
January February March April May June July August September October November
2015
January February March April May June July August September October November
2014
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012
January February March April May June July August September October October-(extra) November
2011
January February March April May June July August September October November