The Minutes of the previous meeting March 2015)

MINUTES OF MEETING OF HARDINGTON MANDEVILLE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 21st APRIL 2015 AT 7.30pm
IN THE VILLAGE HALL

Members were reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions - Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status & any disability); Crime & Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.
Nancy Chapman, Parish Clerk

PRESENT

Peter Bysouth (Vice Chairman), Bill Turner, Malcolm White, Andy Webb, Vanessa May and Gina Seaton (District Councillor) and Cathy Bakewell (District Councillor).

IN ATTENDANCE

Nancy Chapman (Parish Clerk) and 3 members of the public.

Before the meeting commenced there was an opportunity for the public to speak:

A parishioner raised concerns about vehicles speeding through the village and asked that the PC should put a note in the Messenger to ask people to drive slower through the lanes.
  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE .
    Apologies were received from Robin Carpenter (Chairman) and Paul Vallis.
  2. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 17th MARCH 2015 (Already Circulated)
    The minutes were approved and signed by the Vice-Chairman as correct records of the meeting.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
    Peter Bysouth and Bill Turner declared an interest in the planning application for Dimple Cottage to be discussed under section 6a.
  4. MATTERS OF REPORT ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES.
    None
  5. DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS' REPORTS (BY INVITATION)
    Two planning applications were discussed at the Area South meeting on the 1st April. The major application was for a retirement village including 29 bungalows at Stone Lane, which was approved against the office recommendation to refuse it.

    The Moor Lane application was postponed until after the election for a site visit.

    Both Gina and Cathy thanked the Parish Council for their help and support over the last four years and hoped to still be attending the PC meetings next month!
  6. PLANNING AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    For item 6a) below Peter Bysouth and Bill Turner left the meeting. Andy Webb acted as Chairman.
    1. The PC discussed App no: 15/00614/FUL The erection of a two story side extension to dwellinghouse at Dimple Cottage, Hardington Mandeville. Applicant Mr & Mrs S Smith. There were no objections.
      Peter Bysouth and Bill Turner returned to the meeting.
    2. The following results of previous applications were reported:
      1. App no: 15/00614/FUL The erection of a conservatory to the front elevation of dwellinghouse at Monks Way, West Coker Hill, West Coker. Applicant: Mr Robert Brittle. Application approved with conditions.
      2. App no: 15/00687/FUL Use of land for the siting of a mobile home. Manor Farm Cottage, High Street. Applicant: Mrs Amy Knight. Application approved with conditions.
      3. App no: 15/00399/FUL The erection of a support building for care farm service users at Brooksfield, Lyatts Hill, Hardington Mandeville. Applicant: Mr R J and A Brooks. Application approved with conditions.
    3. There were no results of previous applications received after publication of this agenda.
    4. The PC were informed of the following notification: App no: 15/01616/AGN Notification of intent to erect an extension to existing agricultural building at Royal Oak Farm, Moor Lane. Applicant: M & S White & Son.
    5. The Vice Chairman reported that the Moor End Nursery application had been postponed, pending a site visit. It was thought that a drainage meeting was imminent, but as no one had received details of this, the Clerk agreed to contact Simon Fox for further information.
    6. A Councillor reported that a concerned parishioner had noticed an additional caravan has been sited at The Stables. The Clerk agreed to write a letter SSDC developmental control requesting that this is in line with their planning approval.
    7. The following application was discussed: App no: 15/01000/OUT Outline application for development of Sustainable Urban Extension to comprise up to 800 dwellings, etc at Keyford, Dorchester Road. Applicant: Charles Bishop Ltd. It was agreed the Clerk should write a letter stating that the Parish Council had concerns regarding the extra traffic generated and the lack of infrastructure to support the development.
    8. There were no other planning issues.
  7. HIGHWAYS
    1. Neil Dyer reported there were a number of potholes on his list for the month, many of which were located along the road to Hardington Marsh. Next month’s report will be visible on the Village website. Following a query regarding the white-lining at Holywell Cross, Neil reported that SCC had ‘overlooked’ this and are aware it needs doing.
    2. Following concerns raised by a parishioner regarding speeding traffic in the village, the Vice Chairman asked the clerk to place a note regarding this in The Messenger, as it over a year since the last reminder.
  8. PARISH PLAN
    1. The Vice Chairman reported that the defibrillator had arrived and was being installed by the electrician next Tuesday. Training would follow shortly.
  9. COMMUNITY FIELD
    1. The Gazebo base has now been installed.
  10. RISK MANAGEMENT
    1. There were no current issues.
  11. FINANCE
    1. The Bank Reconciliation at 31st March 2015 (quarterly and year end) was approved.
    2. The final Budget Analysis for 2014/2015 was reviewed.
    3. Formal notice of the annual Audit date of 15th June 2015 for year end 31st March 2015 has been received from Grant Thornton. The notice for the inspection period has been advertised from 15th April 2015.
    4. The Clerk’s hours for March (22.5 hours) were confirmed. A resolution was passed to approve payment of 933.65 to Clerk for:
      January-March 2015 Salary (612.00)
      Mileage (19.80)
      Other Expenses (24.65 (inc VAT 5.43))
      Paid Annual Leave (30.8 Hours x 9 = 277.20).
    5. A resolution was passed to approve payment of the following:
      SSDC Ranger Scheme Qtr 4 (377.40 + VAT 75.48) 452.88
      AED Locator (EU) Ltd – Delivery of Heatsafe package (26.60 + VAT 5.32) 31.92
  12. FOOTPATHS
    1. There were no current issues.
  13. PARISH RANGER SCHEME
    1. The clerk had emailed Stephen Fox to request that Matthew should liaise with the chairman on the days he is working in the parish and also to provide feedback on the work carried out. Stephen Fox had not replied, but it was agreed not to carry out any further action until next month.
    2. It was uncertain what tasks had been carried out at last months visit.
    3. The following new tasks were added to the Ranger’s list:
      • clear the leaves around the Church
      • cut the hedge back at Black House Lane (requires chainsaw).
  14. PARISH COUNCIL ELECTION
    1. A letter had been received notifying the PC that the election will be a non-contested one with 4 Councillors elected.
    2. Peter thanked himself(!) & Vanessa May who are standing down. The Chairman has put a note in the next Messenger asking for anyone who may be interested in joining the PC to get in touch.
    3. The first meeting of the new council will be Tuesday 19th May.
  15. CORRESPONDENCE
    1. The clerk had been contacted by an SSDC employee asking if the PC may like to contribute to the new Yeovil Town Centre Ranger Scheme. In line with the PC’s policy of only donating to local groups it was agreed the PC would not contribute to the new ranger scheme.
    2. The Vice Chairman reported that the next South Somerset Together Assembly is being held on Friday 22nd May 2015 and that somebody from the PC may wish to attend this if they are available.
    3. The Clerk had received an email from the Village Hall Committee asking who would represent the PC at the VHC’s AGM. Peter Bysouth offered to continue to act as the PC’s representative on this committee if the PC were happy for him to do this. The clerk agreed to contact the VHC to inform them of this.
  16. MATTERS OF REPORT & ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
    1. Chairman. Nothing to report.
    2. Councillors: Nothing to report.
    3. Clerk: Nothing to report.
  17. DATE AND TIME OF NEST MEETING & CLOSURE
    The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 19th May 2015 at 7.30 p.m. in the Village Hall. The meeting closed at 9.20pm.