Links to Previous Minutes

MINUTES OF MEETING OF HARDINGTON MANDEVILLE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 18th JANUARY 2011 AT 7.30PM AT THE VILLAGE HALL

Members were reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions - Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status & any disability); Crime & Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.
Liz Raymont, Parish Clerk

PRESENT

Robin Carpenter (Chairman), Peter Bysouth, Malcolm White, Rose White, Vanessa May.

IN ATTENDANCE

Liz Raymont (Parish Clerk), Lesley Boucher (District Councillor) and three members of the public.

Before the meeting commenced there was an opportunity for the public to speak.

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
    Cathy Bakewell (District and County Councillor).
  2. MINUTES OF MEETINGS HELD ON 16th December 2010 (Already Circulated).
    1. The minutes were approved and signed.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
    None.
  4. MATTERS OF REPORT ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES.
    None.
  5. DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCILLORS' REPORTS (by invitation)
    Lesley Boucher (District Councillor) reported that the District Executive Committee is to undertake further consultation regarding the housing requirements for South Somerset. It will look at households, population and projections of economic activity. Yeovil District Hospital is moving ahead with its plans to source sustainable food from local suppliers. A&E at YDH was very busy during December, averaging 140 cases per day and 160 on New Year's Eve. The hope is that the number of flu cases being dealt with has reached a plateau. An advert has been placed for a new chair of YDH Foundation Trust. There is no further news regarding Crewkerne HWRC but noted that it processes 5100 tonnes of waste a year, with 77.42% being recyclable waste.
  6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    1. Planning Applications received: none.
    2. Any planning applications received after publication of this agenda: none.
    3. Results of previous applications. Application no 10/04499/FUL Mr R Patten, alteration and erection of a two storey rear extension to both cottages 1 and 2 Grove Farm Cottages, Hardington Marsh: approved.
    4. Current planning status of the mobile homes being used at Manor Farm and Lime Kiln Farm as residential accommodation. Bill Turner was not present to report on this.
    5. Rose White queried whether there was any decision on the planning application at Robin Hill. None has been received. Peter Bysouth noted that the PC's comments did not appear to be on the case file on SSDC planning website. Clerk to check that planning officer had received the email.
  7. HIGHWAYS
    1. Report from Highways Representative. Not present.
    2. NOTED –Information from SALC regards the responsibility for clearing ice and snow.
    3. Stolen grit bin at Elliot's Hill has been reported to police. Clerk asked to include this in the Messenger report. PC insurance does not cover property. A replacement will not be purchased but clerk will investigate whether possible for grit to be piled at the site and request that the gritting route be extended to include Elliot's Hill.
    4. Robin Carpenter asked the Clerk to report blocked drain in Wimborough Lane and potholes on both sides of the bridge opposite Milcombe Farm in North Lane to Highways.
    5. Robin Carpenter noted that the village sign near St Mary's view has been damaged. It is believed that this was done by a delivery lorry. He will try to get some more information so this can be followed up.
  8. PARISH PLAN
    1. Proposed Recreation Ground at North Lane - Planning Consent given with conditions. Items for consideration:
      1. Gift of land from Ernest Kong and associated conveyance - current situation:
        Clerk reported back on her meeting with Brian Bennett. Mr Kong is keen to ensure that the land, once given, cannot be sold or used for other purposes in the future. Thus the most likely arrangement will be for it to pass to a charitable trust with various restrictive covenants. Mr Bennett hopes to be able to move forward at the end of February and has offered to come and address the PC at its February meeting. The clerk will formally invite him.
      2. Community Spaces grant. Rose White confirmed that the grant application has been made and was received by Groundworks 24th Dec 2010. It will now be passed for assessment which would usually take 8 weeks, however due to a very high number of applications it may be longer. If the initial application is successful it will move forward to the second stage of the application. She also advised the PC that FOHCS has met on site with a landscape architect who has experience of designing and developing community spaces. Details of her fees for the work involved have been received and she will be invited to speak at a future meeting of FOHCS. Other local landscape designers will be approached to quote for the work.
      3. Offer of second hand gates, benches and railings from Haselbury Plucknett PC. Rose White offered to follow this up as she knows the chair of Haselbury Plucknett PC.
    2. H M Parish Plan - Review. Rose White and Vanessa May reported that it is valid until 2012 when another review will need to be undertaken. In the mean time it was agreed that some items need to be reviewed and Rose and Vanessa offered to contact the original Parish Plan committee with a view to producing a report on progress so far and for it to be distributed with the Messenger.
  9. RISK MANAGEMENT
    1. Nothing to report.
  10. FINANCE
    1. RESOLUTION REQUIRED Bank reconciliation as at 31st December 2010. Agreed. Proposed Rose White and seconded Vanessa May.
    2. Quarterly Budget reconciliation as at 31st December 2010. NOTED.
    3. RESOLUTION REQUIRED Final precept 2011/12 for consideration. SSDC Notification by 31st Jan 2011. Clerk advised the PC that due to an administrative error at the time that the 09/10 precept was calculated the reserve item for the Village Hall grant was understated by £2000. A discussion followed as to the best course of action to rectify this. Rose White proposed that the proposed donation to the village hall is reduced to £1300 and the proposed recreation ground donation is reduced to £2750 thus enabling the precept to be maintained at £15000 - seconded by Vanessa May.
      Peter Bysouth proposed a precept of £15000 for 2011/2012 tax year. Seconded Robin Carpenter.
    4. Confirmation of Clerk's hours for December (6.75 hours) NOTED
    5. RESOLUTION REQUIRED Review of Clerk's salary. Peter Bysouth proposed that this should be discussed after the meeting. Seconded Vanessa May. It was agreed that the Clerk's salary should be increased to £1932 a year.
  11. FOOTPATHS
    1. Report from Footpath Representative. This will be discussed as part of (12b).
  12. PARISH LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
    1. NOTED Work carried out in November.
    2. Work for this month.
      The Clerk advised that other parishes use the lengthsman to repair and maintain stiles. It was agreed that we would follow suit as it has become impossible to get the local council to do this. Robin Carpenter has provided the clerk with a list of problem stiles to be given to the lengthsman. She will establish how the materials are obtained.
      1. Y10/4 Moor to Ridge Lane adjacent Malcolm White's wood. Top stile needs new support post(s) and footplate. Next stile down needs new lower footplate.
      2. Junction Y9/2 & 9/4 between Bill Turner's maize fields East of Lyatts - needs complete new stile.
      3. Y10/9 stile at top of steps by Rex & Margaret Partridge's bungalow needs new post and footplate.
      4. Y10/11 running east from middle of High Street past John & Margaret Soulsby's house - stile by stable at end of first field needs new footplate.
      5. Y10/19 running north from end of Bishop's Lane, grip netting on step as requested by walker. Other stiles may benefit from similar treatment.
      6. Partway Lane. Sign post at Y10/43 below Partway House has fallen over and needs to be put back in the ground.
      Clerk asked to write to Village Hall committee offering his services for internal maintenance jobs.
  13. CORRESPONDENCE
    1. Correspondence to be circulated.
    2. Correspondence received.
      1. NOTED Invitation from South Somerset Together, Local Strategic Partnership. Event to consider changes to public service provision for Parish and Town Councils. Thursday 3rd February 2011 18.30 to 21.30. Rose White and Vanessa May offered to attend. Clerk will inform organisers.
      2. NOTED Localism Bill. Info from SALC.
      3. NOTED Email regarding HWRC in Crewkerne.
      4. NOTED "Recycle For All It's Worth" Campaign.
      5. NOTED Libraries Consultation.
  14. MATTERS OF REPORT & ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
    1. Chairman had nothing to report.
    2. Councillors. Peter Bysouth noted that the annual assembly is approaching and that a speaker is needed.
    3. Clerk noted that annual donations to the Messenger and St Mary's PCC need to be considered.
  15. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING & CLOSURE
    The next meeting is 15th February 2011 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. The meeting closed at 9.20pm.
 

Links to Previous Minutes

2022
January February March April May June July
2021
January February March April May June July August September October
November
2020
January February March May June July August September October
November
2019
January February March April May June July August September October
November
2018
January February March April May June July August September October November
2017
January February March April May June July August September October November
2016
January February March April May June July August September October November
2015
January February March April May June July August September October November
2014
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012
January February March April May June July August September October October-(extra) November
2011
January February March April May June July August September October November