HARDINGTON MANDEVILLE VILLAGE HALL
- Annual report and accounts 2021
- Annual report and accounts 2020
- Annual report and accounts 2019
- Minutes of Annual Meeting 2019
- Minutes of Annual Meeting 2018
- Annual Report and Accounts 2018
- Trustees' Annual Report 2017
- Minutes of Annual Meeting 2017
- Village Hall - How to apply
- Village Hall Calendar
- Hire Application Form
- Hire Application Form (Word format)
- Application Form for hiring equipment
- Application Form for licenced bar
- Village Hall - Reference Documentation
Our village hall came into being in September 1968 when the building became vacant after the closure of the village school. Over the years, considerable improvements have been made to the building and recently a new kitchen, new heating, updating of the ladies toilets and decoration of the main hall to make it more modern, have been undertaken. Future projects include updating the lighting and redecoration of the stage area. We are also looking at improving the fire warning system in the hall. Of course this all costs money, and we are very grateful to all the fundraisers who put on events to raise money for the continued improvement of the hall. This year, we have been fortunate enough to receive donations from the street fayre, carnival week, the fireworks evening, the horse and dog show, the players and the WI. We thank them all for their hard work and continued support.
At the present time seven groups use the village hall on a regular basis and both the Village Hall committee and the Parish Council hold their monthly meetings at the hall. The hall is also used as a polling station for the village. Other users hire the hall for a variety of reasons ranging from band practice to private parties and even the occasional wedding reception and funeral wake. Anyone can hire the village hall and the rates are available on this web page.
Parking is available round the side and rear of the hall, but visitors are asked not to park in front of either of the exits as these are needed in case of an emergency.