This is a draft document
Links to Previous Minutes
MINUTES OF MEETING OF HARDINGTON MANDEVILLE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 21st NOVEMBER 2017 IN THE VILLAGE HALL

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions - Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status & any disability); Crime & Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.
Nancy Chapman, Parish Clerk

PRESENT

Robin Carpenter (Chairman), Ernest Kong (Vice Chairman) Malcolm White, Clare Middleton, Bill Turner, Gina Seaton (District Councillor) and Mark Keating (County Councillor).

IN ATTENDANCE

Nancy Chapman (Parish Clerk) and 2 members of the public.

Before the meeting commenced there was an opportunity for the public to speak: No items were brought for discussion.

A parishioner asked the Parish Council if there were any updates relating to the provision of affordable housing within the village. The Chairman replied that only one response had been received following the recent article in the Messenger inviting anyone interested in affordable housing within the village to get in touch. In order for the PC to justify further action, then higher demand for affordable housing would need to be established, and this would need to be backed up by those interested being registered on the SSDC housing needs register. The other major problem was locating suitable land – this has been investigated in the past and no site was identified.

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
    Apologies were received from Paul Vallis and Cathy Bakewell (District Councillor)..
  2. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 19th October 2017 (Already Circulated)
    Following a couple of minor amendments to the minutes for September, relating to the Chairman’s report on the SSDC planning meeting (section 4a), the minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman as correct records of the meeting.
  3. PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY.
    Jane Humby of Springfield, Hardington Moor was co-opted to join the Parish Council. Jane then signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and joined the meeting.
  4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
    There were no declarations of interest.
  5. MATTERS OF REPORT ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES.
    None.
  6. COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS' REPORTS (BY INVITATION)
    Mark Keating's and Gina Seaton's reports had been previously circulated.
  7. PLANNING AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    1. The following application was received:
      1. App no:17/04198/REM Erection of 1 No. dwelling with formation of access (reserve matters of 16/00719/OUT). Location: Land adjacent Finials, Rectory Lane, Hardington Mandeville. Applicant: Mr B White. There were no objections.
    2. There were no planning applications received after publication of the agenda.
    3. The following results of previous applications were received:
      1. App no:17/03465/S19 and 17/03356/S73 Application to vary condition 2 of approval17/00197/LBC and 17/00196/FUL to substitute approved plans with revised plans. Location: White Vine Farm, Common Lane, North Perrott. Applicants: Mr Robert Appleby. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Application approved.
    4. There were no other results of previous applications received after publication of this agenda.
    5. The Parish Council has received the Construction Traffic Management Plan for the Moor End Nursery development. Simon Fox of SSDC gave the PC an opportunity to comment on this before discharging the condition. One councilor raised concerns that the plan lacked the fine detail. The Chairman stated that he has spoken to Owain Barker, the development director at Shepperton Homes, and his view was that the developers will do their best effort at minimizing disruption to Moor Lane residents. The Clerk agreed to write to Shepperton Homes with a statement to this effect. The Chairman also reported that initial work to remove the service utilities from the bungalow has started.
    6. Following recent rumours that the Mandeville Arms has been put up for sale, the Chairman stated that this was currently not the case.
  8. HIGHWAYS
    1. ND has reported half-a-dozen routine defects to SCC in his previously circulated report.
    2. ND reported that having chased up the issue, SCC have now carried out work to the over-flowing drains at the top of North Lane. They have added kerb-stones and concrete aprons around two gullies. The Chairman felt that this work was pointless when the drains were still clearly blocked, and this would not prevent the flow of water onto the adjacent cottage walls. It was agreed that ND would query this with SCC.
    3. ND has submitted funding applications to SSDC and the Somerset Community Foundation, and following a few minor queries is now waiting for a decision to be made.
    4. ND reported that he had received a quote of £250 to replace the missing finger for the signpost at the junction of Barry Lane and Penn Lane. Following discussion, a resolution was passed to take no further action at this time due to the high cost.
    5. No action has yet been taken to correct the position of the replacement HGV sign at the Hill End crossroads. ND agreed to chase this up.
    6. MK reported that he was awaiting an update in relation to the repainting of the “SLOW” signs on the road at the bottom of Pig Hill and on the corner of the Moor Lane junction.
    7. The Chairman reported that he had checked all the grit bins within the parish and that none of them required topping up this year. The Clerk agreed to pass this information on to SCC.
    8. BT agreed to collect the 10 grit bags provided annually by SCC from their Houndstone depot.
    9. It was noted that whoever carried out the recent verge cutting along Barry Lane and other parts of the village had done a very tidy job. ND agreed to feedback this back to SCC.
  9. PARISH PLAN
    1. The Clerk received an invoice from AED Locator in August stating that a payment was overdue despite having not received any information regarding this charge previously. As there was no response to the clerk’s email querying this invoice, the Chairman phoned Clive Setter who explained that the charge was for a two-weekly reminder service. Although no written details of the charge have been received as requested, a resolution was passed agreeing to pay the invoice of £58.00.
    2. A resolution was passed that the Parish Council would decline the offer from SSDC to build a Christmas tree recycling base within the village, due to predicted low demand.
  10. COMMUNITY FIELD
    1. The Annual Inspection and Risk Assessment report has now been received. There were only minor issues identified and these have already been rectified where necessary.
    2. The Chairman thanked all those who contributed in any way to another successful village fireworks night.
    3. BT stated that the ground is still too wet to cut the field hedges at this time.
  11. RISK MANAGEMENT
    1. There were no issues
  12. FINANCE
    1. The Clerks hours for November (18.5 hours) were approved (this includes the temporary clerk’s hours).
    2. The Budget Plan for 2018-19 was discussed. This was principally the same as the previous year with the following significant exceptions:
      1. £2500 allowed for disabled parking bay project.
      2. Allowance for village hall projects increased from £3000 to £4000.
      3. Allowance for Community Field projects reduced from £2000 to £1000. It was agreed the precept would remain the same as the previous year at £15,000. The Clerk requested that any further comments be sent to her prior to agreeing the final budget at January’s meeting.
    3. A resolution was passed to approve payment of the following invoices:
      • SSDC Annual Premises Community Licence £70.00
    4. FOOTPATHS
      1. a) The Chairman agreed to chase-up SCC regarding the broken stile on Y10/6.
      2. ND commented that he thought the uneven surface issues along the footpath between the shop and Moor Lane really needed to be addressed. The Chairman agreed to chase-up this previously raised issue, in addition to the excessive mud at the Moor Lane end of the footpath between Moor Lane and North Lane..
      3. There were no other issues
    5. PARISH RANGER SCHEME
      1. The following tasks had been carried out on 13/11/2017:
        • Moor Lane strim footpath and dig out ditch remove silt
        • Strim footpath Y10/4
        • Clear leaves around hall and church
        • Strim out drains and clear
        • Collect paint from RC and start painting finger pointers.
      2. The following tasks are on the Ranger’s list for December:
        • Clear leaves around hall and church
        • Clear drains on Lyatts.
        • Replace leaning post on footpath sign on Lyatts.
        • Repaint the Fingerpost signs
    6. CORRESPONDENCE
      1. Community Forum meeting Monday 15th January 2018, 9.30am -12.00 The Council Offices, Main Committee Room, Brympton Way, Yeovil.
      2. Review of the South Somerset Local Plan (2006 – 2028) -Issues and Options Consultation 26th October 2017 until 12 noon on 11th January 2018.
    7. VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE UPDATE
      There were no updates.
    8. MATTERS OF REPORT & ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
      1. Chairman: Nothing to report
      2. Councillors: Nothing to report
      3. Clerk: Nothing to report.
    9. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING & CLOSURE
      The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 16th January 2017 in the Village Hall at 7.30pm. The meeting closed at 9.00pm.
     

    After the meeting there was an opportunity for the public to speak:

    No items were brought for discussion.

 

Links to Previous Minutes

2018
January February March April May June July August September October November
2017
January February March April May June July August September October November
2016
January February March April May June July August September October November
2015
January February March April May June July August September October November
2014
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012
January February March April May June July August September October October-(extra) November
2011
January February March April May June July August September October November