Links to Previous Minutes
MINUTES OF MEETING OF HARDINGTON MANDEVILLE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 18th APRIL 2017 IN THE VILLAGE HALL

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions - Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status & any disability); Crime & Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.
Nancy Chapman, Parish Clerk

PRESENT

Andy Webb (acting Chairman), Ernest Kong, Malcolm White, Bill Turner and Paul Vallis.

IN ATTENDANCE

Nancy Chapman (Parish Clerk) and 1 member of the public.

Before the meeting commenced there was an opportunity for the public to speak.

During the Annual Assembly, Henry Siebert-Saunders reported that their cat had recently been attacked by a dog in their garden, but were unable to provide further details.

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
    Apologies were received from Robin Carpenter, Clare Middleton, Cathy Bakewell (District Councillor), Gina Seaton (District Councillor) and Marcus Fysh (County Councillor).
  2. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 21st MARCH 2017 (Already Circulated)
    The minutes for March were approved and signed by the Chairman as correct records of the meeting.
  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
    There were no declarations of interest.
  4. MATTERS OF REPORT ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES.
    1. The Chairman reported that the fibre broadband update should now be available.
  5. COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS' REPORTS (BY INVITATION)
    Gina Seaton's and Cathy Bakewell’s reports were circulated.
  6. PLANNING AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    1. There were no planning applications received after publication of the agenda.
    2. Results of previous applications received:

      App no:17/00197/LBC The erection of an extension, part demolition and refurbishment to existing dwelling. Restoration of farm buildings. Erection of two new farm buildings; and App no:17/00196/FUL The erection of an extension and refurbishment to existing dwelling. Restoration of farm buildings. Erection of two new farm buildings. Location: White Vine Farm, Common Lane, Haselbury Plucknett. Applicant Mr and Mrs Robert Appleby. Application permitted with conditions (following removal of the replacement cottage from the application).

    3. There were no other planning issues.
  7. HIGHWAYS
    1. Neil’s monthly report for April contained four new road surface issues.
    2. Neil is still waiting for SCC Highways to respond to his enquiry regarding the possibility of creating a disabled parking bay in the lay-by behind the Church.
    3. There were no other issues.
  8. PARISH PLAN
    1. The Clerk reported that Brian Dodd and his wife have decided to put their house on the market with the intention of moving from Hardington sometime in the near future. He would therefore also like to resign his position as Webmaster for the Hardington.net website. Brian is quite happy to help the Parish Council through the next stages by providing support as required. The Clerk agreed to circulate the details that Brian had provided so far. Andy Webb agreed to investigate this further. It was also agreed that a note should be put in the Messenger asking for any volunteers that may be interested in taking over the role. The Clerk reported that the Parish Council are still able to put in an application for transparency funding to cover the costs if necessary.
    2. There were no other issues.
  9. COMMUNITY FIELD
    1. The subject of keeping dogs on leads at the Community field was discussed along with the possibility of introducing a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO). Unfortunately, the relevant SSDC person has been on holiday and so no further information had been received on PSPO’s. It was agreed to discuss this once again at May’s meeting once further details were at hand.
    2. There were no other issues.
  10. RISK MANAGEMENT
    1. There were no issues.
  11. FINANCE
    1. The Bank Reconciliation at 31st March 2017 (quarterly and year end) was approved.
    2. The Final Budget Analysis for 2016/2017 was reviewed.
    3. The formal notice of Annual Audit date of 14th June 2017 for year end 31st March 2017 had been received from Grant Thornton. Nick Lunt has kindly agreed to carry out the Internal Audit once again.
    4. The Clerk’s hour for March (21.5 hours) were approved. A resolution was passed to approve payment of £994.32 to Clerk for:
      • January-March 2017 Salary (£645)
      • Mileage (£16.20)
      • Other Expenses (£50.82 (inc VAT £8.14))
      • Paid Annual Leave 2016/17 (28.23 Hours x £10 = £282.30).
    5. A resolution was passed to pay the following invoices:
      • Bowshers – Village Hall electrical work (£1843.53 + VAT£368.71) £2,212.24
      • P D Ford Carpets Ltd – Village Hall Safety flooring (£777.50 inc VAT)£ 777.50
  12. FOOTPATHS
    1. Police case reference 759 was raised following reports of the use of the new Blackhouse Lane bridleway by motorcyclists on Sunday 26th March. No further action could be taken. It was viewed that this was currently not a major problem.
    2. There were no other issues.
  13. PARISH RANGER SCHEME
    1. Despite the Clerk requesting a progress update from Nick Allen, none had been received. The Vice Chairman commented that he was still not convinced that the Ranger Scheme is delivering value-for-money.
  14. CORRESPONDENCE
    1. Robin Carpenter had enquired about the Community Transport organisation. The system works in a similar way to the County run “Transporting Somerset”, though contact is by phone, not letter. Once drivers are on the system (various checks have to be carried out) remuneration is at £0.50 per mile. They are interested in hearing from people who have the time and inclination to do this.
    2. The Great Get Together. June 17th and 18th. (Encouraging organisations to host any sort of event aimed at bringing communities together on the anniversary of Jo Cox’s death.)
  15. MATTERS OF REPORT & ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
    1. Chairman: Nothing to report.
    2. Councillors: Nothing to report.
    3. Clerk: Nothing to report.
  16. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING & CLOSURE
    The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 16th May 2017 in the Village Hall at 7.30pm. The meeting closed at 9.26pm.
 

Links to Previous Minutes

2022
January February March April
2021
January February March April May June July August September October
November
2020
January February March May June July August September October
November
2019
January February March April May June July August September October
November
2018
January February March April May June July August September October November
2017
January February March April May June July August September October November
2016
January February March April May June July August September October November
2015
January February March April May June July August September October November
2014
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013
January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012
January February March April May June July August September October October-(extra) November
2011
January February March April May June July August September October November