|Domestic Refuse||Food Waste & Recycling|
|Next Collection||Wednesday 28th February||Recycling collection today|
|Bin Colour||Grey wheeled bin||Brown bin and black box|
Grey Wheeled Bin - normally every other Wednesday.
Household waste that cannot be collected for recycling or composting. Examples are:
- Vacuum cleaner contents.
- Cat, dog or other pet litter.
- Nappies and sanitary items
- However, take paper-based drinks containers (squashed and no lids) to recycling centres if possible.
Brown Food Waste Bin - every Wednesday. Do not place in plastic bags: you can, however, wrap food waste in newspaper (which is biodegradable).
- Cooked and uncooked food
- Fruit and vegetables
- Meat, cheese and egg shells
- Bread, pasta, cereals
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
Black Recycling Box - every Wednesday.
- Food and drinks cans - rinse and squash if possible.
- Aerosols - empty but don't pierce or squash.
- Plastic bottles only (no tops)
- Cardboard - flattened.
- Brown envelopes.
Green Recycling Box - every Wednesday.
- Aluminium foil - but no crisp packets, plastic or paper-backed foil.
- Glass bottles and jars only.
- Paper including newspaper,magazins, printed paper, catalogues and directories - but no cardboard.
- Clothes (bagged to keep dry) - but no duvets or pillows.
- Shoes (tied in pairs and bagged).
- Car batteries - only one and no other type of battery.
Other Items Please use the local recycling banks or centres to dispose the following:
- Plastic, metal or glass.
- Soil and turf.
- Stone or rubble.
- Treated wood or bigger than 4" / 100mm diameter.
- Plant pots.
The collection starts at 7am so you may have to leave your waste out overnight.
Revised arrangements at local recycling sites
|Crewkerne (£2 entry fee)||8am-7pm||8am-4pm||8am-4pm||Closed||Closed||8am-4pm||8am-1pm|
Charges - Payment preferred by cash or cheque. Credit or debit cards can also be currently accepted.
|Per Bottle (5kg)
Per Bottle (10 - 20kg)
Per Bottle (specialist cylinders)
|Soil & Hardcore*
* Stone, rubble, clay, concrete,
|Per Bag (more than a single carrier bag and up to 50kg)
Small Van or Trailer (250kg)
Medium Van or Trailer (500kg)
Large Van or Trailer (one tonne)
Lorries or Trailer (over one tonne)
|Large Tyres||£45.60||General commercial|
For further information on waste disposal, look here